The Office of External Faculty Recognition (OEFR) previously was responsible for assisting departments and colleges in obtaining external recognition of Texas A&M University faculty members throughout their careers. Our activities included:
- identifying, and keeping files of, available awards and recognitions by discipline and across disciplines;
- identifying potential nominees;
- facilitating nominations through understanding the nomination process and helping to prepare nomination materials; and
- collecting honors and awards profiles of highly recognized faculty in order to trace their pathways to highly prestigious awards;
- promoting a culture of nominating faculty for honors throughout the university community.