The Office of External Faculty Recognition (OEFR) assists departments and colleges in obtaining external recognition of Texas A&M University faculty members throughout their careers. Our activities include:
- identifying, and keeping files of, available awards and recognitions by discipline and across disciplines;
- identifying potential nominees;
- facilitating nominations through understanding the nomination process and helping to prepare nomination materials; and
- collecting honors and awards profiles of highly recognized faculty in order to trace their pathways to highly prestigious awards;
- promoting a culture of nominating faculty for honors throughout the university community.
We are available to meet with departments, awards committee members, individual faculty members, and others to discuss opportunities and assist with nominations.